FTGate Technology Commitment to Privacy
Collection Of Personal Information
Use And Disclosure Of Personal Information
FTGate Technology will not sell, distribute, or make available any of our customer information, nor will your email address ever be passed on to anyone else, except as provided below. Such information is for the sole use of FTGate Technology.
Because we have a strong ethical objection to spam, we will not add your details to general mailing lists and we do not use mailing lists for marketing purposes.
We only use and/or disclose personal information for the following purposes:
• any purpose related to the billing, activation, provision, maintenance, deactivation and/or your use of FTGate products and/or services
• providing you with upgrades and/or updates of the software and/or third party products and/or services and notice of upgrades and/or updates of the software and/or third party products and/or services;
• future emails concerning product queries, support, notification of new product versions and other general correspondence regarding our FTGate products
• correspondence which may relate you and any of our authorised resellers, including passing your personal data on to one of our authorised FTGate resellers.
• any other purposes which are included in your agreements with FTGate Technology
• any purposes required by any applicable UK law
• in order to provide you with our FTGate services, your personal information may be collected, stored or processed by third party service providers both inside and outside of the United Kingdom. As a result, that country’s law enforcement agencies could request disclosure of such information under their laws.
You may also opt out of receiving communications from us at any time at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Protection Act 1998: We are registered under the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and comply with the Act in all our dealings with your personal data.
Your Personal Security and GDPR
At FTGate Technology, we take the protection of your data very seriously. As a data collector and processor we are committed to meeting the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and we conform to information security best practices.
Not only do we maintain full anti-virus and trojan protection, scanning all machines on our network and all email that is both sent and received, but we also take steps to make sure that your credit card and other personal information could not fall into the wrong hands.
Our network is protected by a high specification hardware firewall appliance and our network is segregated such that only authorised users on specifically authorised machines can access your data. At no time do we see your credit card information and these are not stored on our system. All card transactions are subject to military grade encryption and are handled directly by our Merchant Services Provider, for which the security is constantly monitored by Security Metrics. We are fully PCI DSS compliant.
Our security infrastructure is under constant review and testing, plus we always take steps to introduce the latest security improvements that are available.
If you contact us via the site we will receive hold and store your personal data strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. That data will only be used by us, not a third party, and will be used to reply to your request.
Secure Socket Layers (SSL) : Our secure server software encrypts information, ensuring that your transactions stay private and protected.
Web Site IP Addresses and Log Files
FTGate Technology might collect IP addresses of visitors to our website to help diagnose problems with our servers and for system administration. We shall only use these addresses for technical and tracking purposes unless otherwise required by the law. We capture industry standard information contained in the server log file, such as browser type, pages visited, entry and exit points and visit duration solely for the purposes of analysis. Information contained in log files is intended for internal use only and will not be disclosed unless required under UK law. The aggregate logged information is not linked to any personally identifiable information.
Requesting access to your personal data
You have the right to:
• object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
• prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
• object to decisions being taken by automated means
• in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
• claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we ask that you raise your concern with us in the first instance by emailing us. Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about you that we hold about you (for which we may charge an administration fee of £10).
To make a request for your personal information, contact:
The Data Protection Manager,
181 Wisbech Road
CB6 1RA, UK
Fax: +44 1353 880120
Further information on the Data Protection Act 1998 is also on the Data Protection Commissioner’s web site at http://ico.org.uk/. Use of this Site is subject to our Terms and Conditions.
FTGate Technology is a trading name of Freekstorm Ltd company registered in England and Wales. Registered number 02919324. Registered office: e-space North, 181 Wisbech Road, Littleport, Cambs CB6 1RA.